Wow! Has it really been over three months since I last posted anything here? I guess I’ve been spending too much time over on my Facebook page. It’s funny that I set that up meaning to be a way to advertise the blog over here, but that has ended up being what I spend most of my time using. I think it’s because of the nearly instantaneous feedback over there and practically built in fan base, not to mention being able to interact with some other great pages.
Anyway. I’ll still be spending my time there, but occasionally I get the urge to write some longer article than what is appropriate in a Facebook post. One of those topics is Hoist’s Top Ten Transformers. I got the idea from another page over on the ‘Book (Bombshell the Insecticon), but I haven’t been able to narrow it down to just ten. My first crack at it only got me down to 58! Ha! Since I can’t narrow down my favorite TF toys to only ten without going through at least one preliminary round first. I think the best way to do this is to pick a top ten from each of the product lines (continuities?) and then try to narrow down to an overall top ten from there. Those categories are:
- TF Collector Club Exclusives
- Third Party
- Movies (All movie figures are included in this group)
- TF: Prime
- Other (figures that don’t fit or warrant other categories, like Power Core Combiners)
I’m going to set a few ground rules for myself to try to be consistent and, maybe, help make some decisions:
- Only figures that I currently own are eligible (that’s why it’s my top ten)
- To review or not to review – Not sure if I want to create ratings categories to help. Eventually, I think I will, but that would delay the top ten.
- Overall top ten is chosen from the top tens of each category.
- Maximum of two representatives of each category in the overall top ten (so a single category doesn’t dominate it.)